Looking for Effective Internet Marketing? You’ve Come To The Right Place
Juris Digital is a boutique internet marketing agency that works with established law firms who want to take their online marketing to the next level. For the past 10 years, we have been helping our clients generate more leads and sign more clients through inbound marketing in the most competitive markets across the United States.
Our proven systems and strategies allow us to focus on growing your leads so that you can focus on running your law firm. We work with you to tailor custom internet marketing campaigns so you can focus on the metrics that matter most to you such as cost per lead, cost per case, and revenue per case.
If you’re having trouble standing out in a crowded market, we can help you outperform your competitors.
At Juris Digital we have a team of SEO experts, PPC professionals, content writers, graphic designers, and web developers available to help your firm tackle the projects that will give you the highest return on investment.
What is Internet Marketing?
Internet Marketing is how successful law firms generate leads from the internet. Many internet marketing methods are inbound marketing methods where a potential client is already looking for you. 20 years ago that research used to go to the yellow pages. Now, over 50% of your potential clients will turn to the internet at some point in their search for an attorney.
Some internet marketing methods include:
- Organic Search Engine Optimization
- Local Search Engine Optimization
- Pay Per Click (Google Ads / Bing)
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
At Juris Digital our focus is on Organic SEO, Local SEO, Pay Per Click and Content Marketing. These are our specialities and what we have been perfecting over the past ten years.
We have found that these marketing efforts working together instead of in individual silos will yield the best results for our clients.
What Services Are Right For Me?
There is no one size fit’s all solution for internet marketing services. The services that are right for you depend on a variety of factors, but most importantly, your goals and budget.
Another consideration with internet marketing is that the costs will vary greatly depending on how saturated your market is. For example, a high population area like Los Angeles will be considerably more expensive to market your law firm in than a smaller rural town.
This is because the more advertisers there are in an area, the more competition there is to overcome. This also drives up the pay per click cost as law firms are fighting harder for the limited real estate.
Here are some pointers for deciding what services are right for you:
- If you want to start generating leads quickly, consider Pay Per Click. Although it can get expensive, it can be launched quickly.
- If you’re looking for long term leads that come from free clicks in Google’s organic and local search results, an SEO campaign may be the right fit for you. However, depending on where you are starting from and how saturated your market is, it will take time to start generating leads. This timeline can range from 6 months to 1 + year.
If you have already worked with internet marketing vendors in the past reach out to us. We can tell you why we don’t think your past campaigns were successful and what we would do differently.
What Makes Juris Digital Different?
When it comes to choosing an internet marketing company for your law firm there is no shortage of choices. We’re not the best fit for everyone. We are a great fit for lawyers who have clear goals and expectations. We also work well when there is mutual respect and trust between our team and your firm.
We’re different than most internet marketing companies. Here are just a few reasons why:
- We focus on important metrics instead of vanity metrics. We care about your ROI and you should too.
- We have consistently helped law firms in competitive markets get the best cases.
- We were founded by true law firm SEO Experts Casey Meraz and Matt Green
- We never stop learning and we test our own theories. We don’t rely on third-party information. We strive to focus on what works for our clients.
- You will own everything we do. We help you run your business no matter what direction you choose. Not get in the way of it.
- We offer personal attention. We keep our account management team to client ratio’s lean so we can provide exceptional service.
- We’re here when you need us. If you need a question answered or something done we’re here for you. Our in house team is agile and can move on projects quickly.
- Need to meet with us in person? We can arrange in-person meetings on a regular basis.
Our ideal clients typically are personal injury law firms with 2-20 attorneys that have an annual marketing budget of $250,000 – $4,000,000.
How To Choose The Right Company
As we mentioned above, we’re not the right fit for everyone. But even if we can’t help you we can recommend someone to you that we would tell our friends to hire.
By learning what’s most important to you we can help you find the right vendor. No matter what vendor you decide to go with, here are some questions to ask that will help you make the best decision.
- Will my website be based on a WordPress? Over 33% of websites are based on WordPress in 2019. Having a website built on another content management system typically means it’s proprietary and not well supported. Some companies make you go this route so you are stuck with their services. It also makes it harder to leave and make website changes yourself. Whereas with WordPress you can basically work with any company and make changes to your website if need be.
- Can I talk to a current happy client? As they say, trust but verify. Ask to speak with a current client in your practice area to get an idea of the work they do and what the working relationship would be like. If the referral is happy trust them but verify their website performance, perhaps by using a 3rd party tool like SEMRUSH or Ahrefs. Sometimes these tools can be inaccurate so if it raises a red flag ask why.
- Will you tell me what you’re doing? Many people still believe that SEO is a secret sauce. However, nothing could be further from the truth. Any work an internet marketing company does for your firm should be transparent. This is a red flag if they say otherwise.
- Can you guarantee rankings? No company that is not Google should not guarantee results. This is the first thing Google says in their article about choosing an SEO company. This is because no SEO owns Google and their algorithms can change. If they guarantee results they are likely doing unethical work which can get you banned from Google and in trouble with the state bar. Even though Google goes through a lot of changes, we have been able to keep our client’s happy long term through ethical internet marketing techniques.
- Do you only work with law firms? We think it’s important for SEO companies to specialize. SEO companies start-up every day and people who don’t have experience working with law firms can get you into trouble. SEO also varies by vertical and some ranking factors carry more weight in legal than they do in say eCommerce.
- Can I do this on my own? You can absolutely do internet marketing on your own. If you have the time and don’t have the budget to hire someone else I encourage you to check out the resources here on the Juris Digital website and our YouTube channel. We share all of our tips and tricks. Hiring law firm internet marketing experts can help propel you to the next level and fast track your results.
- What do you handle in terms of the website? We take care of everything from start to finish. Our in house team is available to help with legal content writing, coding, designs, link building, etc., You name it and we’re here for you. Think of us as your outsourced marketing department.
How Do You Work?
As a boutique marketing company, we have the ability to be more flexible in the way that we work and the methods we use. However, most projects start off the same. Here is an outline of the elements of this process:
We Start With Market Research
Although many of the tactics we use will work in different markets, the strategy is quite different. A strategy for a personal injury law firm based around a city with a population of 1,000,000 people is going to vary greatly from the strategy we develop for a 30,000 person town.
While a town with 1,000,000 people might have 100 different competing law firms, a town with only 30,000 may only have 3 competing law firms which makes our job easier. Also, the budgets to reach the same goals would be very different as fewer people are fighting for that real estate.
With that in mind, there are also quirks that go into specific geographic research. Here a few examples of how language can differ by market:
- In some markets, more people might look for a “tractor-trailer accident lawyer” vs. a “truck accident lawyer”
- Some people in specific markets refer to geographic areas differently. Think “tri-cities” as opposed to a city name.
- People in rural areas may type in a bigger city name plus a keyword to get more results
There are also a lot of subtle changes that might affect the strategy. In some smaller markets, we can create a strong practice area page that might dominate the whole state. In others, we need to create more with a stronger focus on geography.
These little changes may seem subtle, but this is the difference between being the best and falling in the pack with the rest of the average law firms. All of these add up and having this kind of attention to detail will help us be more successful in reaching your goals.
If you don’t have a website then we won’t be auditing your website. Instead, we will spend more time analyzing the competition to get an idea of what methods they have used to be successful and what areas they missed that we can capitalize on.
If you do have an existing website there will be plenty of things to look at. In the past, we found that the number one predictor of having an unsuccessful internet marketing campaign was having a foundation full of holes. Let me explain…
If you are working hard on your internet marketing efforts but not converting website visitors you may have a crack in your foundation. That crack could be causing visitors to leave your website before you ever have the opportunity to convert them. Here are some of the reasons we find this happens:
- Slow-loading websites
- Broken pages
- Too many redirects
- Irrelevant or low-quality content
But this is just the tip of the iceberg. Google uses thousands of ranking signals to determine why a website should rank above another in the same competing niche. The more time we have to do a deeper dive, the better results you are going to get.
This also helps us eliminate any uncertainty mid-way through your project. Typically we analyze 200+ of the most important data points before start your project so that we can make sure we get started off on the right foot.
Local SEO Audit
When I talk about Local SEO, I’m talking about Google My Business. Typically the firms that generate the most leads are ranking in the 3 pack for their most important keywords.
To help our clients rank in the 3 pack we also conduct a one time Local SEO audit which involves us configuring your listing, landing page, and off-page signals to help increase the visibility of your GMB listing. There are a lot of elements here, but some of the most important we focus on are:
- How does proximity affect your rankings in your geographic area
- Is your Google My Business filled out to our best practices standards?
- Does your landing page meet our requirements
- What is missing and what do we need to add to the GMB listing
- Are there any duplicates or spam issues with the listing
- Are your most important citations complete and indexed?
This process needs to be repeated for each Google My Business listing your law firm has.
Keyword Research & Strategy Planning
After we have the information on the market and know what type of shape your website is in, we can move onto the keyword research and strategy planning session.
This is one of the most important yet underperformed phases of a successful internet marketing campaign. Simply put, we need to know what keywords we need your website to rank for and we can prioritize these based on how many people are searching for a specific keyword.
We utilize this data and map this to your website which will give us a strategy that we can use moving forward. Typically this strategy will involve many changes up front along with a year-long outlook on what needs to be done to the website to get it where it needs to be.
We don’t take shortcuts and since we only work with law firms we get better each time we go through this process.
Launch & Get To Work
After we have all of the initial leg work done we move forward and get your website launched (for new clients) or tweaked (for existing clients). This is where the fun starts. During the launch phase, we make sure to set up all goal tracking. This allows us to track your leads from sources such as:
- Phone Call Source
- Contact Form Source
- Live Chat Source
From here moving forward is where we really shine. If your goal is to increase organic and local rankings to generate more leads and cases then we will get to work on a variety of tasks including:
- Link Building. This is still the main driver for organic and local rankings. Having other websites link back to your law firm acts as a vote of confidence in Google’s eyes and can help propel your rankings.
- Content Creation. We need to create great content that answers your potential client’s questions and earn links.
- Content Promotion. Whether it’s promoting content with the news, influencers, or local Facebook groups, we want to amplify your content so it reaches the right audience.
- Share of Search. Analyze where you are not listed for important 3rd party directories. Identify opportunities and get you listed.
- Monitor and Configure Search Features. If Google rolls out new search snippets we want to be the first to roll them out on your website. This includes things like review snippets and FAQ snippets which we implement for clients.
The variety of tasks we do on a monthly basis are tied to your goals instead of a generic deliverable that won’t help you. This is a common mistake I see when lawyers sign up for internet marketing companies and they purchase a one size fit’s all package.
There is not a one size fit’s all in SEO and the work that needs to be done depends on your competition, geographic area, and goals.
What Are Your Results?
Results vary by practice area, budget, and goals. With that being said we have plenty of great results we’re happy to share with you. Simply let us know what practice area you’re in and we will show you what we can do.
Below is a snapshot from SEMRush of how we helped one client go from 1,000 organic visitors a month to over 18,000 visitors a month and 18X qualified leads over two years.
Talk To Juris Digital
If you’ve gotten this far, it’s time to take the next step. We want to work with law firms who understand what we do and have a passion for success like us. If you think we might be a good fit, let’s talk.