Legal writing and legal content writing are two different things.
While they both require legal knowledge, the content piece implies a different audience: everyday people. Everyday people don’t know or often understand legal terminology, so it’s our job to help explain complex topics in a web-friendly way.
Who we are
Juris Digital is a marketing agency in Denver, Colorado that conducts marketing services for law firms. A significant part of our work is legal content writing, and we are seeking knowledgeable writers to create factual, compelling, and well-written content for the web.
As a parttime legal writer, you are responsible for the creation of blog posts and practice area pages.
For obvious reasons, legal knowledge and the ability to research unfamiliar topics is crucial.
Generally, you are responsible for:
- Writing web-friendly legal content (no run-on sentences, long paragraphs, or advanced vocabulary)
- Editing yours and others writing using grammatical knowledge and a variety of tools
- Researching topics if necessary (accuracy is our #1 priority)
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in English or Communications, but all with writing abilities are welcome to apply)
- Either pursuing a Juris Doctorate or recently graduated
Desired skills and personality traits
- Strong writing abilities
- Editing abilities
- Receptive to feedback
- High attention to detail
- Eagerness to learn
Part-time legal content writers are paid an hourly rate with flexible work hours. Do you work best in the morning? Are you a night owl? As long as you get your work done, you can write and edit whenever you would like.
Along with your resume (please attach in the form below), have writing samples prepared for the next phase of the hiring process.