I’ve been involved in SEO since the early 2000’s. One of the things that always bothered me about SEO is how we as an industry have historically done a bad job of promoting the noise in SEO.
Or put another way, there are a lot of agencies out there that like to do things like:
- Use technical jargon to confuse people on the work being done
- Focus on fixing arbitrary errors based on some checklist they don’t fully understand
- Using reports to paint a rosy picture
- Obsessing over rankings
But with all of their efforts, and all of their reporting, the phone still doesn’t seem to be ringing. No more qualified leads are coming in the door and yet this continues month after month.
Does this sound familiar?
At Juris Digital we have been on a mission to change that. See, we want to drive clients to be successful. To make more money. To sign better cases and more of them. Whatever your goal is, we want to help you reach them.
And in 2023 Juris Digital will be announcing something that aligns the stars with these values and our own.
But in the mean time if your internet marketing isn’t working, it’s time you focus on SMART Goals. So, what are SMART Goals?
Be SMART with your Law Firm Marketing
SMART is an acronym for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound goals. Let’s look at some examples to help grasp the term.
- Specific: Increase the number of targeted keywords that the firm’s website ranks for in the top 10 search results by 30% over the next six months.
- Measurable: Achieve a 20% increase in organic traffic to the firm’s website within the next quarter.
- Achievable: Improve the website’s conversion rate by 15% over the next six months by optimizing landing pages and call-to-action buttons.
- Relevant: Increase the number of inquiries or consultations booked through the website by 25% over the next quarter.
- Time-bound: Implement a local SEO strategy to rank in the top 3 for local search results within the next six months.
Your Clients Want Results, Don’t You?
Do you think your clients care as much about the demand letter you sent out as they do the check they’re going to get at the end of the case?
Attorneys understand the value of evidence-based results. That’s why we advocate for setting SMART Goals over focusing on mostly irrelevant metrics such as keyword rankings.
It only takes an unethical agency a couple of minutes to create ranking reports that look favorable.
While it’s tempting to get caught up in the race for the top spot on search engine results pages, it’s essential to remember that rankings are just one piece of the SEO puzzle. They can fluctuate based on a variety of factors, some of which are beyond our control, and they don’t always translate directly into tangible business outcomes.
On the other hand, SMART Goals – Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound – provide a clear, actionable roadmap to success.
They allow us to focus on what truly matters: driving meaningful engagement, increasing client inquiries, and ultimately, boosting our bottom line. So, instead of getting lost in the labyrinth of keyword rankings, let’s shift our focus to setting and achieving SMART Goals that directly contribute to our firm’s growth and profitability.
Wrapping It Up
Your law firm has business goals you want to reach.
Don’t you want to work with a partner that helps you reach your business goals instead of vanity metrics?
If so, talk to Juris Digital. We won’t charge you for a citation audit and spend hours fixing things that will drive no value because it’s on someone else’s law firm SEO report. We have decades of experience and we believe in striving to get results fast without wasting either of your time or money.